Coleslaw is SOOOOO easy and delicious, yet many of us don’t incorporate it into our weekly routine. It’s crunchy, fresh, and easy to tailor to your taste. Give it a go!
Combine these ingredients in a large mixing bowl:
- Shredded green cabbage (easily bought pre-chopped at the store)
- Shredded carrots
- Thinly sliced onion
- Thinly sliced green apple
In a small saucepan, mix together and bring to a boil:
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of oil (I use avocado oil for high heat because of its high smoking point)
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
After a quick boil, mix into the bowl of vegetables, stir well, cover, and let it chill overnight. You’ll have a few servings of tasty slaw to go with anything!
*Feel free to experiment with celery, bell peppers, or other crunchy favorites.
*There are also great pre-chopped bags of slaw that you only need to dress and chill, which will save you even more time.